Objective: A challenging position as a computer
programmer/analyst/consultant. Looking for an opportunity to expand
programming, database development, accounting software and web development skills.
Available for Internet work as well as local work in Muskegon or
Grand Rapids. Can work and live with family in Lansing or Milford.
- FoxPro applications developed over the years. All applications share the same open architecture and standard
are compatible with FoxPro 2.6 for DOS/Windows/Macintosh/Unix, Visual FoxPro
6.0, and Visual FoxPro 9.0. The software to maintain these FoxPro
applications, as well as all associated freeware, can be found on this web site.
SBT Accounting Software
(acquired by ACCPAC, then SAGE software)
- SBT Pro Series 3.x certified. Created and maintained SBT Vision
Point and SBT Pro Series master sets for local SBT dealers. FoxPro code includes fixes,
patches, and other major enhancements developed since FoxBase+.
Muskegon Astronomical Society
- An astronomy club member since the late eighties. Current treasurer,
secretary, newsletter editor, web master and head of maintenance. Been in
charge of several projects including the recent rebuilds of both roll-off
- 2011 to Present Computer Programmer
- Creating custom FoxPro code and maintaining FoxPro applications for
local and remote clients.
- 2005 to 2011 Home Care Provider/Computer Programmer/Consultant
- Full-time home care provider for elderly parents. Maintained SBT accounting software, FoxPro applications
and web sites for local companies.
- Jan 1998 to 2005 Computer Programmer/Consultant
- Sub-contract work for local SBT dealers.
Maintained SBT accounting software, FoxPro applications and web sites
for local companies. Started home care for retired parents.
- Jul 1993 to Dec 1997 Computer Programmer/Consultant
- Sub-contract work for C&R Business Systems, Grand Rapids.
Provided enhancements to SBT accounting software. Also provided custom FoxPro
to local firms.
- Jan 1988 to Jun 1993 Computer Programmer/Analyst
- Sub-contract work for B&G Microsystems, Grand Rapids. Began
developing custom Foxbase+ applications. Also provided enhancements to SBT accounting
- Apr 1983 to Dec 1987 Computer Programmer
- Purchased a TRS-80 Model 4 and began writing programs for
personal computers. Developed applications for retail sale. Among first programs published
are: The Alternate BASIC, BAS34, and ATREK. Worked in Alternate BASIC, then Quick BASIC
- Jul 1982 to Mar 1983 Sirco Enterprises, Inc. Troy, MI, Computer Programmer
- Contract Work for AC Spark Plug, Flint. Worked in Fortran
Engineering shop converting programs from a Xerox CP-5 to a Honeywell CP-6. Spent three
months with Sirco performing development work on IBM Series/1.
- 1976 to 1982 Milton Allen Construction
- Hustler/Gopher/Handyman work for father, a general contractor.
or whenever a second pair of hands were needed. Actually continued off
and on right up until his retirement in the mid-nineties.
- Languages: COBOL-74, FORTRAN-77, Assembly (Z-80, PDP-11, EDL),
Pascal, Microsoft BASIC, Alternate BASIC, QuickBasic 4.5, Foxbase+ thru FoxPro
2.6a, Visual FoxPro 3.0 thru Visual FoxPro 9.0. Also dynamic html code,
- Software: AOL, Compu-Serve, DOS batch,
Symantec PC Anywhere 9.0, Windows 3.1/95/98/XP, Office 97, FrontPage 2000, Internet Explorer
Netscape 4.x - 7.0, Mozilla 1.5, Opera 5.11 and Google Chrome.
- Hardware: Honeywell DPS-8 (CP-6), IBM Series/1
(EDX), TRS-80 Models I/III/4 (TRSDOS, CP/M), IBM (MS-DOS, Windows
3.1/95/98/XP/7, SCO Unix
System V Release 3.2, Mandrake Linux 6.0-9.0), Macintosh (System 7.01).
- 1982 Grand Valley State Colleges
B.S. Computer Science
Major emphasis in Information Systems. 3.00 overall GPA, 3.55 in major.
- April 1995 Flash
Creative Management, Inc. Ada, Michigan
Two week course on Visual FoxPro 3.0.
- April 1996 SBT Pro Advanced Workshop Cincinnati, Ohio
Certified in SBT Professional Series 3.0 accounting software.
References: Available upon request.
[Return to Top]
[Go to Home Page]
Copyright © 2020 Dennis Allen.
This web page was last updated 02/02/20