Objective: A challenging position as a computer
programmer/analyst/consultant. Looking for an opportunity to expand Visual
FoxPro skills, database development skills, accounting software skills and web development skills.
Available for full-time or sub-contractor work in Muskegon, Grand Haven, or
Grand Rapids. Can live with family in Lansing or Walled Lake.
SBT Accounting Software
(acquired by ACCPAC, then SAGE software)
- SBT Pro Series 3.x certified. Created and maintained SBT Vision
Point and SBT Pro Series master sets for local SBT dealers. FoxPro code includes fixes,
patches, and other major enhancements developed since FoxBase+.
- Created shareware and freeware in the field of FoxPro 2.x and
Visual FoxPro development.
- Applications include: dMAIL4, dVERSION, Data Wire Four, Hard Wire Four, and
Version Control & Maintenance, a FoxPro application launcher, an Astronomy database,
and a sub-contractor payables application.
- Applications written in FoxPro is compatible not only with most variations of
FoxPro 2.6 (including Linux), but have been upgraded to run on Visual FoxPro
6.0 and Visual FoxPro 9.0.
- Available for work. Maintaining FoxPro applications for local
companies. Still maintaining a couple web sites.
- 2005 to 2011
- Full-time home care provider for elderly parent. Maintained FoxPro applications for local
companies. Maintained several web sites.
- Jan 2000 to 2005
- Maintained SBT accounting software for local
companies. Maintained and enhanced FoxPro applications for local
companies. Maintained several web sites.
- Jan 1998 to Dec 1999 Computer Programmer/Consultant
- Sub-contract work for local SBT dealers. Provided
enhancements to SBT accounting software. Maintained and enhanced FoxPro
applications for local area firms.
- Jul 1993 to Dec 1997 Computer Programmer/Consultant
- Sub-contract work for C&R Business Systems, Grand Rapids.
Provided enhancements to SBT accounting software. Also provided custom FoxPro
to local area firms.
- Jan 1988 to Jun 1993 Computer Programmer/Analyst
- Sub-contract work for B&G Microsystems, Grand Rapids. Began
developing custom Foxbase+ applications. Also provided enhancements to SBT accounting
- Apr 1983 to Dec 1987 Computer Programmer
- Purchased a TRS-80 Model 4 and began writing programs for
personal computers. Developed applications for retail sale. Among first programs published
are: The Alternate BASIC, BAS34, and ATREK. Worked in Alternate BASIC, then Quick BASIC
- Jul 1982 to Mar 1983 Sirco Enterprises,
Inc. Troy, MI, Computer Programmer
- Contract Work for AC Spark Plug, Flint. Worked in Fortran
Engineering shop converting programs from a Xerox CP-5 to a Honeywell CP-6. Spent three
months with Sirco performing development work on IBM Series/1.
- Maintaining several FoxPro applications in the
West Michigan area. These applications share the same open architecture, a standard
interface and are cross-platform (Windows, Macintosh, Linux) compatible. They
are compatible with FoxPro 2.6 for DOS/Windows/Macintosh/Unix, Visual FoxPro
6.0, and Visual FoxPro 9.0.
- All freeware can be found on this web site.
- Languages: COBOL-74, FORTRAN-77, Assembly (Z-80, PDP-11, EDL),
Pascal, Microsoft BASIC, Alternate BASIC, QuickBasic 4.5, Foxbase+ thru FoxPro
2.6a, Visual FoxPro 3.0 thru Visual FoxPro 9.0. Also dynamic html code,
- Software: AOL, Compu-Serve, DOS batch,
Symantec PC Anywhere 9.0, Windows 3.1/95/98/XP, Office 97, FrontPage 2000, Internet Explorer
Netscape 4.x - 7.0, Mozilla 1.5, Opera 5.11 and Google Chrome.
- Hardware: Honeywell DPS-8 (CP-6), IBM Series/1
(EDX), TRS-80 Models I/III/4 (TRSDOS, CP/M), IBM (MS-DOS, Windows 3.1/95/98, SCO Unix
System V Release 3.2, Mandrake Linux 6.0-9.0), Macintosh (System 7.01).
- 1982 Grand Valley State Colleges
B.S. Computer Science
Major emphasis in Information Systems. 3.00 overall GPA, 3.55 in major.
- April 1995 Flash
Creative Management, Inc. Ada, Michigan
Two week course on Visual FoxPro 3.0.
- April 1996 SBT Pro Advanced Workshop Cincinnati, Ohio
Certified in SBT Professional Series 3.0 accounting software.
References: Available upon request.
[Return to Top]
[Go to Home Page]
Copyright © 2013 Dennis Allen.
This web page was last updated 03/12/15